Bambi Air Compressor

I have a Bambi BB24V silent compressor which has served me well until it developed an air leak in the pressure switch that controls the motor. The
leak is somewhere in the switch but I cannot locate exactly where. Does anyone know if these switches can be serviced? If I dismantle it I am going to disturb the settings - does anyone know the correct cut-in and cut-out pressures? Any advice would be very welcome.
Roger Woollett

until it

motor. The

it I am

and
Roger,
It's most likely in the diaphagm I would imagine, and probably not practically replaceable. No doubt suitable switches are available on line.
AWEM

Any idea where? I cannot find any.
Roger Woollett
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:30:38 +0100, "Roger Woollett"

Try:
http://rswww.com /
Search for "pressure switch".
Regards, Tony

... and I never moved my lips !!!
AWEM
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:31:12 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Gottle a gear?
Regards, Tony
Roger Woollett wrote:

Maybe some of the ones at MachineMart may be suitable http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/categories/search/accessories-consumables

They look possible. RS list so many options I do not know where to start.
Ideally I would like a direct replacement - I would rather not meddle with the plumbing if I can avoid it. Also bear in mind that I do not know what the correct values are for cut-in and cut-out pressures.
Roger Woollett
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:17:31 +0100, "Roger Woollett"

Roger -
As always, Google is your friend.
A search on "bambi air compressor" took me rapidly to here:
http://aircompressors.co.uk/Product/Medical_Dental/Bambi_Medical_Dental_Range
and here (which looks to be the manufacturer):
http://www.bambi-air.co.uk /
They should be able to give you chapter and verse on the right replacement switch.
Regards, Tony

Yes I had tried. I emailed an apparent source a while back but got no reply. I hoped it might be possible to repair the existing unit but it now looks as if replacement is the only option.
Roger Woollett
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:25:51 +0100, "Roger Woollett"

I give up.
Regards, Tony

Roger, The APTC and other sites say max pressure is 8Bar/120psi, surely that is your cut-off pressure, the cut-in pressure usually is automatically set at a percentage of max. T.W.

Thanks for that.
I have given up hope of repairing the switch and have ordered a new one which comes preset.
I was advised that the diaphragm has probably gone and a likely cause is overheating. If anyone else has one of these silent compressors - be warned. Apparently the motor should not be allowed to get too hot to touch.
Roger Woollett
Roger Woollett Wrote: > I have a Bambi BB24V silent compressor which has served me well until > it

Hi Roger, A lot of modern compressors have a start-up-off-load system. This (on ABAC comporessors at least) comprises two parts, one a simple one way valve on the reciever outlet and a solenoid operated release valve on the pressure switch. The usual and simple problem is rust/muck stopping tha oneway valve from seating and thus letting tha tank empty. If your Bambi normally makes a hissing sound for a few seconds after shut down, but now makes the hiss for longer the above could be your problem. Solution is to clean the rubber disc found in the Tee piece outlet. If you have got one that is. If you are going Saturday, I will explain more then. Ned Ludd
--
ned ludd

Yes - will be there.
Roger Woollett
ned ludd Wrote: > Hi Roger,

> ABAC comporessors at least) comprises two parts, one a simple one way > valve on the reciever outlet and a solenoid operated release valve on > the pressure switch. The usual and simple problem is rust/muck stopping > tha oneway valve from seating and thus letting tha tank empty.

> shut down, but now makes the hiss for longer the above could be your > problem. Solution is to clean the rubber disc found in the Tee piece > outlet. If you have got one that is.

CORRECTION should read receiver inlet not outlet Ned Ludd
--
ned ludd