Off topic 1935 Leyland engine

Off topic request, but an attempt to assist a friend who is rebuilding a

1935 Leyland Cub engine. Some parts are missing, timing chain guide, pulleys etc. He has located a service manual, and is trying to remanufacture some parts from the photo's contained therein.

A long shot is, does anyone here have any access to any drawings for this engine, or point me in the right direction as to obtaining some, or if someone has an engine like this, who could offer descripted info on various missing parts.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Reply to
Nospam

I would have thought you'd do better by contacting the Leyland Society than a group of model engineers.

Dave Baker

Reply to
Nospam

Nor did I until I used Google. Clearly you don't have that installed on your pc. Or the anti-top-posting software that is commonly available.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Sarcastic asshole

Reply to
Nospam

I have had a dig in the old books. I see an interesting story of the Leyland Cub bus being fitted with Leyland's first diesels in the early

30s and then the introduction of the new 4.7 litre Cub diesel engine in 1935, but I haven't been able to turn up any details on the timing chest.

However I like the sweeping statment in the 1939 Oil Engine Manual ... "Leyland oil-engined passenger and goods vehicles are used in most civilized countries"

They were very successful ! You shouldn't have trouble finding one to measure up - they made masses of them.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to