Old Hydrovane

I am currently stripping and re-building an old 50psi three legged pot type Hydrovane compressor. I say old as it was manufactured by "Alfred
Bullows" so goes back a bit. Two queries for anyone that knows or may guess.
The "oil seperator" in the output consists of two discs of felt about 65mm diameter and 20mm thick. These are pretty solid and its a wonder that air passes through them at all. Any suggestions for a source of new felt?
The plastic shims between the main body and the end plates are extruded and allow a path between high pressure and low pressure. I need to make two at .07mm thick. Would any standard plastic shim stock stand the pressure and temperature?
Apart from the above the guts show little wear for the age, it will do for a blow gun in my shop as it is nice and quiet.
--
Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!
On 15 May, 14:44, Richard Edwards

Hydrovane agents used to do a repair/rebuild kit for these.Contained,felts,o rings,gaskets etc.Wasn`t all that expensive.
On Thu, 15 May 2008 07:09:45 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk"

I must admit that I felt that this unit was too old for spares. Its one that looks like a pot bellied stove, sits on 3 cast in legs like a milking stool, with the motor vertical. I also have a Hydrovane 4 still old but more modern, when I checked the prices for bits for that I went all faint and sat down very quickly <G>. 270 + Vat (No new Rotor body or vanes).
--
Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!
On Thu, 15 May 2008 14:44:48 +0100, Richard Edwards

I am now thinking of "Mylar" film for the shims, any comments?