Plasic balls

The grinding rest in MWE 109 calls for a 1" platic ball.
Does anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks
Stewart
Reply to
Stewart Bryant
I would think that turning one up from bar stock may be the easiest option. Unless anyone else knows a source for these...
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
You could try the Precision Plastic Ball Company.
Don't ask how I know ;-).
Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur G
I think the surprisingly precise balls in roll on deoderants can be found in 1 inch size, if the thought doesn't put you off!
Scrim
Reply to
Scrim
Stewart They're usually readily available at the various ME shows - I think Proops had them at the recent Bristol show. Send me a snail mail address off list and I'll send you one. --
Chris Edwards (in deepest Dorset) ..."There must be an easier way...!"
Reply to
christopher
85p each from
complete with the M6 threaded hole. They are machine handles.
Regards
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Steele
l use snooker ball got from carboot sales
Reply to
Kenneth Widdall
Chronos Plastic Knob 25mm dia 6mm Thread Part No. PN25 Price 1.00
J.A.Crew & Co Plastic Ball Knobs (A) 1" dia (25mm) threaded M6 0.60 each 10 for 5.80
Regards Brian
Reply to
brian
Thanks for your help - Stewart
Reply to
Stewart Bryant
This thread got me wondering how steel bearing balls are made. I can't imagine how spheres are routinely ground by the million to fine tolerances on radius and surface finish.
Cliff Coggin.
Reply to
Cliff Coggin
This explains all.