Powerful EDFs

I'm still trying to understand why you want an electrical duct on a bicycle, let alone why you would put a fan in it.

Reply to
rsss

The duct improves the efficiency of the fan, I suspect the whole assembly is required as the rider is not eating enough beans and needs some further wind assistance.

Reply to
David Billington

But, since efficiency is lower with high velocity flow than low velocity flow, wouldn't it be better to have a nice little epicyclic gearbox and a _BIG_ propeller?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Well if it's efficiency that's important, why doesn't the fellow fit a couple of sprockets linked by a chain that he can turn with his feet? Can't get more fuel efficient than that.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Its a TLA