8mm dia (4mm bolt) T-slot cutter ?

Hi,
Anyone know where I can get an 8mm diameter T-slot cutter (bolt shank is 4mm) ? Smallest I can find is 12.5mm / 6mm bolt and that's too big.
Thanks,
Boo
Boo wrote:

Grind one out of an 8mm end mill?. Not easy but about the only way to get one that small. Can you fabricate the tee slot?
Bob
On 07/08/2012 13:54, Bob Minchin wrote:

Exactly what I was going to suggest.
Any decent tool & cutter grinding co' should be able to spin that out for very little money.

Unfortunately I can't fabricate in this application (mast gate for a boat) grinding one down from an 8mm end mill or slot drill does sound like the best bet. I'll hold it in a milling chuck while grinding, I guess...
Thanks to all who replied,
Boo

Yep, that would be fine but they don't ship less than $200 to the UK so that's out.
Thanks for your reply,
Boo
On Monday, August 6, 2012 10:11:37 PM UTC+1, Boo wrote:

Try Drill Service
http://www.drill-service.co.uk/Product.asp?Parent 0180080000&Tool0
JohnH

You could probably find a Woodruff cutter with a small enough diameter; the problem might be the limited length of the reduced diameter neck*. It would almost certainly make too thin a slot, but you should be able to extend it by making a second cut.
*Maybe grinding a longer neck would be easier than turning an end mill into a T-slot cutter.
David
--
David Littlewood