8mm dia (4mm bolt) T-slot cutter ?

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get an 8mm diameter T-slot cutter (bolt shank is 4mm) ? Smallest I can find is 12.5mm / 6mm bolt and that's too big.

Thanks,

Boo

Reply to
Boo

Grind one out of an 8mm end mill?. Not easy but about the only way to get one that small. Can you fabricate the tee slot?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Exactly what I was going to suggest.

Any decent tool & cutter grinding co' should be able to spin that out for very little money.

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

enough?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

4mm) ? Smallest I can find is 12.5mm / 6mm bolt and that's too big. Thanks, Boo

Try Drill Service

JohnH

Reply to
John H

Unfortunately I can't fabricate in this application (mast gate for a boat) grinding one down from an 8mm end mill or slot drill does sound like the best bet. I'll hold it in a milling chuck while grinding, I guess...

Thanks to all who replied,

Boo

Reply to
Boo

Yep, that would be fine but they don't ship less than $200 to the UK so that's out.

Thanks for your reply,

Boo

Reply to
Boo

In article , Boo writes

You could probably find a Woodruff cutter with a small enough diameter; the problem might be the limited length of the reduced diameter neck*. It would almost certainly make too thin a slot, but you should be able to extend it by making a second cut.

*Maybe grinding a longer neck would be easier than turning an end mill into a T-slot cutter.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood