Printing web pages

Anyone know a quick fix for printing technical web pages that are slightly too wide? I'm trying to print this document:

And the first two pages (of thirteen) are slightly too wide and the right hand side gets truncated. Shrinking in 'print preview' only seems to shrink the image there and not the printed image.

...arg

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I just tried selecting the relevant stuff, & then printing 'selection'. Worked for me with both an old Panasonic laser and an HP inkjet.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

You have mail

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Peter & Tim many thanks for the rapid reponses. Tim, oddly, when I select what I want and tell it to print, it still gives me the width issue, however Peter has wrapped it up in a .pdf with some magic software wizardry and kindly emailed it to me. What an excellent bunch of chaps we have on this group !!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Use Firefox as your browser instead of Microsoft's dire offering and you can scale your printed output as you wish.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Have you tried to do it in "Page setup"?

Reply to
Mike Hopkins

Mike, IE seems to ignore the settings and truncate the page when printed

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

... Ah! Unlike Firefox

Reply to
Mike Hopkins

Both Firefox and the newest version of IE can shrink the page to fit.

Pete Harrison

Reply to
Peter Harrison

paste it all into microsoft word ... and print from there

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Setting the printer to print Landscape should do the trick Andrew.

Printing should revert to Portrait automatically next time you switch it on.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Well worth having a look at a small program called fine print. Lets you condense pages and also delete those odd pages at the end with nothing but a header and footer on them. Can do 2 up, 4 up and double sided.

Also does booklets in the right order. Well worth the few quid.

Reply to
John Stevenson

I totally agree, I have been using Fineprint for many years, a good investment. Allows me to print manufacturers instructions for a customer double sided to save paper and make the print physically smaller. I can apply a footer at print time - Footer reads "Supplied by etc etc Phone Number"

Also PDF Factory from the same company creates a PDF from anything that you can print. I supply circuit diagrams to customers in this manner.

Electricky Dicky

I get this quite often; simplest solution is to print in landscape

Reply to
Newshound

Use Firefox - web page printing in IE stinks.

EDIT:

for PDF output, use PDFCreator from SourceForge (free):

-- Mr Cran

this thread:

Mr Crane