bachmann 57

Bachmann 57 are out, shall be returning with a freightliner and possibly the Virgin one in just over an hour all being well. My supplier tells me he thinks the Virgin one has the deliner? (funny coupling thing!) as a separate item the box. I am also picking up a couple of hornby seacows so it will be interesting to see how they compare with the lima ones!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

"Piemanlarger" wrote

Don't think so Simon, the ones we've just received do not include the cab front recess which would be necessary to fit that coupling, and I can't find one in the boxes.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

No coupling on the thunderbird, still it will do until one is made available. Bugger! Both are nice looking models, but there is no room inside for speakers when the sound chip becomes available, due to an enormous chassis block!

For sale, Freightliner 57 and Thunderbird!

No, not really. I will run them in tonight (DC) and then see how they perform with a gold chip, though getting to the capacitors looks like it could be a job! One thing that I do find a disappointment is that pick up is not off all wheels, its 8 per bogie as with 66 etc.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Evening all,

Pics of the Bachy 57s are now on the Hattons websites. Nothing beats inspecting the models first-hand, but I've noticed a few small decorative errors from looking at these pics. 57008 has the printed nameplate at the wrong end on one side. A quick search on Fotopic proves that the nameplates should be at the right hand end of *both* sides when looking side-on. I suppose it is easily remedied by removing the errant print and applying the etched plates in the correct place! 57301 thankfully doesn't suffer from the same problem, although the numbers are slightly too high up, although how obvious that looks and if it can be lived with depends on the individual!

57602 is almost spot-on, apart from the printed names being a little too low down and the numberplates a little large, but I think that's really clutching at straws!!! One thing, at first glance these Bachmann efforts certainly look better in most respects than the Heljan ones (especially the Virgin one having names!), and are much cheaper! Plus, the first of the (rather tasty looking) Mk.1 Pullmans has appeared.

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Bugger, wish I had read this before the super glue came out!

57301 thankfully doesn't suffer from the
Reply to
Piemanlarger

Our Tubby Virgins are named with etched plates.

And our flying bits are also etched not printed.

Waiting for the ANC next day delivery man tomorrow .....

As soon as I can I will photo the F/Liner one and put them on our site. (Haven't ordered the 57/3 or /6 - tubbies will do me for now)

They look pretty good at first glance though.

Reply to
David Skipsey

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Ah! The infamous top secret Wirral Finescale etched parts! You could have made a fortune if you'd made these available to the public!!! ;o)

Looking forward to seeing Vine Yard, and those new signals, at Wigan!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

John,

And got sued by Carlton !!!

Come and say hello.

Reply to
David Skipsey

Erm, quite!

I shall! Just make sure you wear a name badge!!!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"John Lancaster" wrote

You'll recognise him without a badge, he's the slim, handsome one ........................... ! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Tubbier than a Tubbyduff then? ;oD

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"John Lancaster" wrote

Definitely not a Hastings line Slim Jim! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I was going to comment on that but don't think I will bother (Peak Forest blah blah blah)

Nick

Nick Gurney

Do they have working tail lights?

Nick

Nick Gurney

Yup, working directional lights with day/night mode switch as per the Bachmann 66, at least in the case of the FGW and Virgin 57s. Dunno about the Freightliner one.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

No day night option on freightliner.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Oi you two - when you've finished !!!

far cop though !!!

I'll be the good looking stud muffin operating the computer (probably) !

Reply to
David Skipsey

Blah blah blah .......

You and John visiting ?

Reply to
David Skipsey

Just me, working on Express Models stand for the weekend as usual.

Nick

Nick Gurney