Bachmann *and* Heljan 57/3s?

From MREmag site:

"Bachmann have been licensed by Carlton TV and Freightliner to model the Class 57 - popularly known as Thunderbirds due to their rescue function in the Virgin Trains fleet (in case anyone is unfamiliar with the name, Thunderbirds were a Jerry Anderson space age rescue fleet on children's television). We understand that Brush have also given their blessing to this project. Bachmann's MD, Graham Hubbard, received confirmation about the licences on Friday morning. When MREmag questioned him later in the day as to whether this would lead to their own version of the Class 47, Graham would not be drawn on the matter. You will have to wait and see was the response we received."

Bit of a conflict with Heljan there! It'll be interesting to see how Bachmann's 57 turns out in comparison to Heljan's - though I expect we'll see Heljan's first.

--

***
*** Updated 22 November, now 620 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

the Heljan Hymeks have just hit the shelves, the Hornby 50s the same... new Bachmann... ?

It's no surprise that this story hit the airwaves today, no new product to sell while their competitors are getting the plaudits.

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Hmm. Presumably Heljan's will inherit dimensional deficiencies from the Cl 47 via a common chassis block. So Bachmann could trump them on the 47 in due course, if they apply themselves in the same manner as to the Deltic.

Cheers, Francis K.

Reply to
Francis Knight

Somehow, I think that Bachmann's will be about 1/2 the size of a Heljan duff. Anyone for N gauge.............................?

Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

What if they apply themselves in the same manner as the 37?

Mike H

Reply to
Mike Honeyman

The message from "Mick Bryan" contains these words:

All in favour of N-gauge, but I have absolutely no use for a duff. If I stretch things a bit I could use a Cl.20, but I could only use it to pull one Mk.1 coach!

Are you planning to get to Warley/NEC on Saturday, or are pass-outs limited to the Trafford Centre?

Reply to
David Jackson

Full day for Sunday at NEC........ pass stamped and in my possession.

Trying to get another pass for the following weekend to Wigan although it may be restricted to a couple hours early Sunday.

Can't say me or SWMBO is a big fan of TC tho' :-)

Merry Xmas, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

The message from "Mick Bryan" contains these words:

You do get lucky occasionally, then! I'll be there on Saturday.

I hope to make my usual trip up the M6 to Robin Field (I assume it's in the usual place) on Sunday morning. We'll see who spots who's shiny-top first...

After fighting the TC traffic to get to Bowlers last Saturday, I've refused to take the wife there at all until after the January sales.

...and a Very Merry New Year!

Reply to
David Jackson