heljan 47 + lights+sound chip+ ?

Anyone fitted an express lighting DCC light kit to a sound chipped class 47? What wires from the lighting kit attach to where on the decoder? Is it colour co-ordinated as the express lighting instructions do not tie up with the sound chip programming, I think!

thanks!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Simon, The lights I fitted (express models) do match with the colour of the wire leads for the Loksound 3 chip in my 24 if this helps?

Not got a 47, which, OK has lights fitted, so this may be where the variation comes in...

I thought the Heljans were OK on DCC re the lights ?

Andy

thanks!

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

I matched up the coloured wires and all lights worked, except that the loco goes the oposite direction to the headlights!! I think this is something that can be fixed somewhere in CV's? I seem to remember one of my 37 doing something simular.

I was not too impressed, in the darl or low light the headlifhts lit up the red tail lights too so i thaught i would try a kit, its my one and only 47 so a little extra expense was ok. Trouble is the express tail lights are too bright! So i think its time to start reading the instruction manual, i am sure i once briefly read a page where it said you can dim lamps on dcc?

Simon

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Simon, One of the "Bits" in CV 29 will change the loco direction, or you can reprogram the lights to work off different function keys etc.

I would suggest investing in Sprog or similar and doing ALL your setting up via Decoder Pro - Programming made much, much simpler in my opinion.

Yes, you can alter the brightness of some of the light functions, subject to what chip you have installed. If it is the Loksound 3, again with the above system, it's a doddle! If it's a modern loco, you can even make them flash like the Freightliner versions if you so wished!

Andy

I matched up the coloured wires and all lights worked, except that the loco goes the oposite direction to the headlights!! I think this is something that can be fixed somewhere in CV's? I seem to remember one of my 37 doing something simular.

I was not too impressed, in the darl or low light the headlifhts lit up the red tail lights too so i thaught i would try a kit, its my one and only 47 so a little extra expense was ok. Trouble is the express tail lights are too bright! So i think its time to start reading the instruction manual, i am sure i once briefly read a page where it said you can dim lamps on dcc?

Simon

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

If the loco lights come on at the wrong end relative to the direction of travel, try turning the decoder plug round. The orange wire should go to pin 1, trouble is many circuit boards do not identify pin 1. Reversing the direction of travel in CV29 will reverse the lighting "direction" as well, so nothing gained.

HTH Simon.

Reply to
Simon Harding

The heljan lights workedok with the sdame chip which has not been unplugged, just the express lighting wires connected. I`ll try swapping yellow and white wires first, then swap the plug if that fails..

I see, that explains why it did not work!

thansk

Reply to
Piemanlarger