RDG Involute Gear Cutters

Does anyone have any experience of the involute gear cutters sold by RDG? Wondering it they are any good, i.e. accurate cutter forms and
made of something tougher than cheese (though labelled otherwise..)
My previous experience of RDG quality on Myford parts has not been particularly good, so input on these would be welcome.
Peter

Peter
I can't answer your question, but I've got a number of spare sizes of older (UK or US - made) cutters, let me know if there's something in particular you're looking for.
Tim
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:40:50 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@onetel.com wrote:

Thanks Tim, I'm actually after a No.1 cutter, 16DP 14.5 degree pressure angle. As Mark has given a favourable report on the RDG items, I think I miht go this route as theya re only around 15 or so.
Peter

I've got a set of their 16DP 14.5 PA cutters. Split one when fitting it to my arbour (+0 -0.0002"). RDG replaced it without question (suspect it had a crack in the corner of the keyseat from the ease with which it split). Haven't had any problems using them, but haven't made many gears with them. Gears I've made with them run quietly. Of course, every batch might be different...
Mark Rand RTFM