Removing a reluctant chuck from an ML7

replying to Mark Rand, Peter Blair wrote: Thanks Mark. I have tried almost all methods here except turning the lathe in reverse. I am hesitant to try anything with the back gears engaged after reading
about so many lathes with missing teeth?
Peter Blair wrote:

Unless it's really, really jammed you shouldn't need to run the motor. Just engage back gear and then pull the drive belt in reverse by hand - works on my M-Type.
--
Scott

I found a method on youtube, open the cover and slide a boa-grip or similar over the larger gear and use a wrench on the jaw. Worked fine after I foun d a good grip supplier