Removing a reluctant chuck from an ML7

replying to Mark Rand, Peter Blair wrote: Thanks Mark. I have tried almost all methods here except turning the lathe in reverse. I am hesitant to try anything with the back gears engaged after reading about so many lathes with missing teeth?

Reply to
Peter Blair

Unless it's really, really jammed you shouldn't need to run the motor. Just engage back gear and then pull the drive belt in reverse by hand - works on my M-Type.

Reply to
Scott M

I found a method on youtube, open the cover and slide a boa-grip or similar over the larger gear and use a wrench on the jaw. Worked fine after I foun d a good grip supplier

Reply to
joachim.bakke