Results of my query

I recently asked for comments as the best way to glue a stack of 40+ brass and steel pieces together. Further to "Peter Fairbrothers" comments I thinned epoxy with IPA. This worked extremely well. It gave me plenty of time to glue the stack and the bond line ended thin enough to not give any additional thickness problems.

Some may have guessed what I was doing, the results are shown at

if you are interested

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

Very nice!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I didn't realise Indian Pale Ale was useful for this purpose

You learn something every day.

John S.

Reply to
John S

Some use that type of IPA when things go wrong, I use nicotine and Whisky or some other high alcohol based fluid.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards