reverse countersink?

Is there such a thing as a reverse copuntersink?
What I envision is a tool with a conical hole in it, with some sort of
angled cutting edge on the inside - the idea would be eg to chamfer the end of a shaft or screw when applied to it.
My google-fu seems weak today, maybe there's a name for it I could search for?
Thanks,
-- Peter Fairbrother
On 04/01/2015 23:12, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

The term is "External Countersink" Here is one for a hand deburring tool by Noga https://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/0853272
Richard
"Peter Fairbrother" wrote in message

There is such a device used in a hand drill to clean up the ends of copper spot welding electrodes - got one somewhere but I tend to use the lathe as it does a better job.
Andrew

Excuse my ignorance but I always thought that snail countersinks, the type with a hole in the cone, worked in both directions. I just drilled four 4mm holes in a piece of hardwood & the countersink worked in both directions. HTH Regards wasbit

I fear that you misunderstand. What is sought is a tool that leaves a conical end on a rod, as opposed to a conical hole in the workpiece.
(As opposed to an octagonal hole in the workpiece? :-) )

Belay that. Misread the question. What you are looking for is something on the pencil sharpener principal. I seem to recall a conical device that was used with a brace to chamfer the ends of wooden dowels. Regards wasbit