schoolboy steam engine

many years ago when i was at grammar school i used to do metalwork. as
class project we built a small oscillating steam engine between us.i
had a flywheel with a very thick rim and the pivot screw was also ver
long with a knurled nut. does anyone recognise the description and mor
importantly does anyone have a drawing? i presume it was a standar
design from a school text book.
MANY THANK
--
bolma
bolmas's Profile:

bolmas
I remember building a piston and flywheel 'engine' although we never made the boiler (if there was one even considered). The flywheel was below the vertical piston and I seem to remember a knurled nut against a spring to keep the oscillating cyclinder against a plate to which the inlet tube (we tried it on compressed air) was soldered. I don't have any drawings but the item is at my parents house so I could get it in a few weeks when I next see them.
Regards,
Steve Salisbury, UK
Reply to
Steven Crook
Is it this one from Stuart models or similar?

many years ago when i was at grammar school i used to do metalwork. as a class project we built a small oscillating steam engine between us.it had a flywheel with a very thick rim and the pivot screw was also very long with a knurled nut. does anyone recognise the description and more importantly does anyone have a drawing? i presume it was a standard design from a school text book.
MANY THANKS
Reply to
Mike D
sounds like the same one, they turn up on e-bay occaisionally
-- bolma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:
this thread:
bolmas
fraid not, this one was made from stock materials.
Reply to
bolmas
Try these links :-
Neil Barnes