polythylene

what grade of polythylene should I use to manufacture garbage bag? ( i

it LDPE or HDPE or LLDPE). and which grade

-- ashara

----------------------------------------------------------------------- asharaf's Profile:

this thread:

asharaf

Linear low density usually, It has more stretch and tensile strength due to the branched molecular chains, so you can use a thinner gauge for the same strengh and save material cost. As for grade, well that opens a whole new can of worms.... But errr, isn't this the wrong group for this question?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Early bin liners were made from reclaimed stock, heavily weighted towards low density. I think the ones available now tend to be linear low density, with some high density added. The key to a good bag is to get a good web profile. A gauge variation across the web width will cause weak spots making the bags useless!

HTH

squirrell

Reply to
squirrell