Abwood Vice Handle

Anyone got a spare handle (5/8" square) to suit a 4" Abwood milling
vice that they could be persuaded to part with?
I know I can get a new one from Abwood but I don't fancy paying the
=A330 + carriage + vat that they want!
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
Why not make one?
Ian
In message , Peter Neill writes
Reply to
Ian Cockshull
Or do what I do and just use a suitable spanner -keep meaning to make a propper one, but the spanner works and as the saying goes -if it aint broke...
Regards
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Steele
...fix it until it is.
Reply to
Wally
I thought I'd try the easy option first..:)
Reply to
Peter Neill
Judging by the number of vices in circulation without a handle, there must be an awful lot of them around somewhere...
Or just broken by those 'engineers' who use a Birmingham Screwdriver to tighten them up?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes
Are you telling me that you don't wack it with a hammer when needed? My concession to engineering excellence is to use a copper headed hammer.
Charles
Visit
The free pages to buy and sell workshop equipment
Reply to
Charles Ping
Peter A Forbes said
I well remember as an Apprentice (1957-62) being issued with a Lead Mallet for just that purpose !
JG
Reply to
JG