Abwood Vice Handle

Anyone got a spare handle (5/8" square) to suit a 4" Abwood milling vice that they could be persuaded to part with? I know I can get a new one from Abwood but I don't fancy paying the =A330 + carriage + vat that they want!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Why not make one?

Ian

In message , Peter Neill writes

Reply to
Ian Cockshull

Or do what I do and just use a suitable spanner -keep meaning to make a propper one, but the spanner works and as the saying goes -if it aint broke...

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

...fix it until it is.

Reply to
Wally

I thought I'd try the easy option first..:)

Reply to
Peter Neill

Judging by the number of vices in circulation without a handle, there must be an awful lot of them around somewhere...

Or just broken by those 'engineers' who use a Birmingham Screwdriver to tighten them up?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Are you telling me that you don't wack it with a hammer when needed? My concession to engineering excellence is to use a copper headed hammer.

Charles

Visit

The free pages to buy and sell workshop equipment

Reply to
Charles Ping

Peter A Forbes said

I well remember as an Apprentice (1957-62) being issued with a Lead Mallet for just that purpose !

JG

Reply to
JG