Victor torch tip part number meaning?

I picked up an older Victor 100 type handle with cutting torch attachment. It's a nice kit. It has 2 cutting torch tips with it, both numbered 1-5-101. I figure
the first bit, the leading '1', means it is a No. 1 tip. Almost every Victor tip I see has the last bit, the '101', don't know what that means. It's the middle part, '5' in this case, that makes no sense to me.
Anyone know what these numbers mean for sure?
GWE
Has it got five holes in the end??? If I remember the 101 is the style. Randy
I picked up an older Victor 100 type handle with cutting torch attachment. It's a nice kit. It has 2 cutting torch tips with it, both numbered 1-5-101. I figure the first bit, the leading '1', means it is a No. 1 tip. Almost every Victor tip I see has the last bit, the '101', don't know what that means. It's the middle part, '5' in this case, that makes no sense to me.
Anyone know what these numbers mean for sure?
GWE

It's
figure
Victor tip

middle
Not for sure. My handy-dandy Victor Cutting Tip Chart says it's for "tip series 1-101, 3-101, and 5-101." Then it proceeds to list the tip sizes -- 000 through 8 -- for all three series together.
My guess is that the middle number is the torch series -- 1, 3, or 5 -- and indicates the tip thread or body size. But I don't know.
-- Ed Huntress
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:34:53 -0800, Grant Erwin

101 is the series number..or the model number as it were.
the 101 model is the most common we see in use, but there are bigger and smaller ones out there.
Gunner
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:34:53 -0800, Grant Erwin

http://www.thermadyne.com/victor /
btw...I failed to mention that the 101..ie 100 series is for the torch Handle..the accessories are also numbered x-101 etc
Gunner
Hi,
Is the tip a Victor tip? After I read your message I checked the tips at work. 4 different brands and 4 different ways of stamping the size on the tip. One was the same as Victor (size-1-101) one was (1-101-size) One had No.size below the 1-101. Another just had the size below the 1-101.
The only thing consistent was the series/type (1-101).
What brand is your tip.
Glen

It's
figure
Victor tip

middle
The tip I'm looking at has 2 lines of stampings. The first line says "VICTOR" and the second line says "1-5-101".
I now know it's a type 5 style 101 size 1 Victor tip, fits very few torch attachments, only comes in sizes 0,1,2. I was only interested in Victor cutting torch stuff because many of their cutting torches have tips in sizes as small as 000 (in fact they have the smallest cutting torch tips I know of). I have Airco tips as big as I will ever need, bet I could scrap out the Golden Gate Bridge easily if they wanted me to, but cutting 1/8" steel with a 00 tip on my Airco torch I still get some melting on the sides. I'm going to special order a type 124 tip in size 00 and see if the low preheat tip works any better.
Victor seems downright stingy with their technical data compared to Concoa (Airco).
Grant
glensmith wrote:

replying to Grant Erwin, Gman00 wrote: No 1 means the size of tip 5 is number of holes and 101 means utility