Victor compatible import torch

I have been keeping an import torch set for a friend who has no place to put it, and since I have no torch of my own, any torch has been far better than none, but the quality is lacking, of course, so when they say the torches are victor compatible, how true is that? I'd like to slowly acquire bits and pieces to put a good torch set together of my own, but was unsure how interchangeable the items are so that I can use it as I get the items.

Reply to
carl mciver

I can't say for sure that all import torch sets are the same but the one I have works fine with Victor parts. I originally had to replace the cutting head because the mixer in mine was cracked and then I picked up an assortment of welding tips and all worked fine. I eventually replaced the torch handle itself with a Victor because mine didn't have checkvalves so now it's all Victor except for the regulators.

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall