Screw Thread Sealer 1000 degrees c

Need some sort of a sealer to put on threads that would seal at up to

1000 degrrees centigrade ...and be up to taking about 5 psi from oil pressure at the same time ...

dont know .......I've put silicone sealent on them for for now ...and hopeing it works .

supose plumbers ptfe tape would just melt ........

pyruma ?

exhaust cement ?

oh yeah.........any fancy sealer made my loctite is going over budget on this job.

And tapered threads are too time consuming and much hard work, when your doing prototypes.

all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

Water glass?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Mark, At 1000C, the whole f***ing thing will be red hot and give it a belt with a hammer to weld it. Loctites are way, way out and I doubt that Pyruma which could stand the heat will be too brittle.At pinch, Gun Gum may hold but if things are knackered, you'd be better to weld and re-tap. Holding 5PSI during this is dicey. Yonks ago, an old submariner mate suggested that some silicones would hold on rotten exhaust systems. Guy is now dead but maybe somebody can follow on from here.

Cheers- fingers crossed

Norm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

What oil are you going to be using at 1000 deg C? Mark.

Reply to
mark

waste oil central heating have already melted the one inch thick aluminium burning dish .....

.

moved on to cast iron dish

both are scrap reject hemi's cut on bridgeport....by my friend Alwyn...he makes these for a living .

the oil is injection.........in a space above the dish that is hotter still .

I'm working...and modifying the injector system...its already on the

4th prototype injector system....from two months of changes and revisions

works off Filtered, metred pumped injection set up with swirled fully adjustable metred air intake...no smoke ...very efficient.

sorry.........no more clues

also need 100 mm glass disc's that are heat proof as Ive already exploded two woollies candle trays and thats on number 2 setting.........it goes up top 9 !!!

2 is 800cc an hour.

9 is 6000cc an hour ...not going there though... its scary

and some parts glow red at 2ltres an hour

the injector system is constantly cooled by the oil injected thru them ......but when its shut down fire takes some time to go out....the injectors are mostly running at below 250 c ...but will get very hot after shut-down...pipes threads and everything concerned with injectors is all stainless

All the best...mark

Reply to
mark

Mark

Any chance of water cooling the injector on shut down?

Steve (Sheffield)

Reply to
Steve

I take it that the furnace has post shutdown airflow... explosions do happen. and oil pipes can get coked up :-(

Use copper washers and hope for the best, or just assume that with stainless fittings, it'll all gall together anyway. ordinary metal to metal seals should work at those pressures and temperatures. Make the injector longer than it needs to be and have a non threaded/reduced section between the sealing face and the thread, this will allow for a bit of stretch on pre-load to overcome loosening due to differential thermal expansion, use the copper washer, if needed for sealing.

These thoughts are worth what you paid for them.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Now that's a good idea ...I could T-off and valve the main delivery pipe and put one of those cheap tyre inflater compressors on it ...

thankyou will think about doing that on the final version

more pics ...

most of the top ...at a funny angle

Whole injector showing cone inside of cone

View from the top .......special air intake removed ......

After several failures .........and having 6 x1mm jets and then realising at my lowest flow rate I needed 0.3mm jets ....and.that would easily clog up .......I've moved onto this cone in cone design ...that should not clog up and is infinitely varible....remember non of these designs is final they are just lash ups to try and find out what is best.

suppose you put it there to to totally mess my thinking pattern .you suceeded.... lol :)

Thanks mark

Reply to
mark

Arms ... legs ...