Screw thread for a camera

The daughter of a friend has a Fujica STX-1 camera and has lost the film wind lever. I have made a replacement lever, but have drawn a blank on identifying the thread of the screw that retains the lever on the winding spindle. By using drills as gauges, as near as I can measure, the core diam. of the screw is 1.9mm and the outside diam is 2.3mm. By screwing a soft metal rod into the spindle and measuring the thread that gets formed, it appears that the pitch is about 0.33mm. Non of my thread charts show a match, so can anyone help identify it please? By extreme good fortune, could anyone actually supply such a screw? There is a major complication; the daughter is due to emigrate to New Zealand next Saturday, so I don't have much time..

-- Regards, Gary Wooding

(Change feet to foot to reply)

Reply to
Wooding

Is it 2.3 Metric Fine pitch .25 or .35

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

ISO metric fine

2.2mm pitch 0.25 minor diameter 1.628 to 1.525

2.5 mm pitch 0.35 minor diameter 1.928 to 1.825 possible match ??

BA is to course ( 8 BA = 2.2mm, pitch 0.43 mm )

Hope this helps

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

A few tables for metric threads from my favourites folder.

This might be worth printing out.
Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Thanks Lionel, That was very useful. I eventually made a brass screw with 2.3mm OD, metric thread form and 72tpi. (I don't have metric screw cutting on my lathe) which gave me a pitch of 0.353mm. After about 3 turns it tightened up a bit in the camera, but not enough to cause concern - it actually made it less likely to work loose. It did the job, I hope, and the camera is usable again..

-- Regards, Gary Wooding

Reply to
Wooding

Good to hear, and Johnathan came in with a couple of good suggestions too.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel