Small quantity of 70mm steal bar in Kent

I need a small (100mm) length of 70mm (or so) round bar.

Can anyone recommend a source in Kent (ideally North).

When (if?) I can find a source, I'll need to bore a 50mm hole through it length ways. Any tips for doing this is on a small South Bend?

TIA

Reply to
Brian Reay

through it

Brian,

How does 115mm of 70mm bar in Bromley suit you?

(And speak nicely and we may be able to drill a big hole through it for you !)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Darn good!

I need to get up the antenna mast to confirm dimensions- hopefully this weekend!

Thanks and I'll be in touch.

Out of interest, would you drill a hole that size? (I'm not really a model engineer, I hang around the NG hoping to learn maching tips etc to further my amateur radio hobby).

Reply to
Brian Reay

50mm is 'only' a pilot hole

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Bragging John? ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

message

Brian,

Depends what accuracy you need for the finished hole, but certainly I'd drill the majority of the material starting small and working up (don't we all?) and if the job needs it boring the finished size, but if we're talking scaffold pole aerials I doubt true precision is called for.

Give me a call on 020-8466-5582 when you've done your pole dancing act.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Doh, ......do I believe what I have just seen?

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Rather depends on what you HAVE just seen !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Standard scaff pole , steel or Alloy is 1 &29/32" OD if that helps

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks, the part is a bush for the top of a CHS section to allow it to "take" a Alloy scaffold pole. It is the CHS section I need to check- the mast spec. gives a dimension but (from memory) I think it is actually a bit less than that.

Reply to
Brian Reay