Soon to be breaking Myford Super7

All

Got a dog of a Myford S7 and I mean a rusty old DOG. which I will soon break up for spares. Only thing I may be keeping is the bed which is fairly worn, but I have a use for that.

Items of note I'd guess are the Cabinet, Norton Gearbox and associated parts, Reversing switch, and a few more items. Two motors of which is one is 1ph other 3ph.

Any interest in here?

All located in Poole..

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

I've been looking for a three phase motor for one.......... Tell me more

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles

The 3ph motor was the original fitted to the lathe. I think it has it's bracket but maybe not the resilient mounts. I'll try to find it tomorrow. Not sure if it's a star only motor though.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

In message , Wayne Weedon writes

My Holbrook B8 (4" centre height) has been modified by a previous owner... The good news is that it now sports a Myford slotted cross slide The not so good news is that everything that sits on top of that works well enough but is a bit of a dog's dinner.

The makings of a 2MT tail-stock to supplement the 1MT that is standard on the Holbrook is also 'on my list'.

Reply to
Mike H

The gearbox might well be of interest, and I could do with a spare top-slide assembly. Just how rough? Could you send pictures? My address is not disguised.

Reply to
Charles Lamont

Once I have it apart I'll post some pictures on my webpages.

If there's any Military radio buffs in here, I've got a ton of that to sell too;-) Not all sorted yet. But there's a link to some of the pics on my pages.

Wayne.....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Wayne

I could use a spare tailstock if yours is not too badly worn in the bore. Also a few other parts. I live nearby, so I could easily pop in and take a look if it's convenient. Drop me an email.

Mike

mike.crossfield @virgin.net

Reply to
mike.crossfield

That why it is so rusty??

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Well it's true I'm very close to the harbour, but thats not the reason why!

The machine used to be in a company I worked for where it was used for polishing shafts.

When it was retired the works director took it home and it sat in a horrible little shed with a corrogated plastic roof! This shed was fairly damp.

Anyway last night I used a bit of scotchbrite and parafin on the ways, and they came up fairly bright with little effort.

The machine was obtained on behalf of a friend who sadly cant do anything with it due to serious failing eyesight, So bad he now has a guide dog!

I want the bed for something, so it's being broken up.

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

How much for the dog ??

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Would love the norton gearbox, please advise what money you are looking for.

Regards

Paul

paulgy80 at btc> All

Reply to
wingnut

Wayne, sent you an e-mail about the norton gearbox last night, don't know whether you got it or not? Regards

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

I'll have a leg if they are all taken.

Reply to
Joules

I'll have a leg if they aren't all taken. Can always use a good dog leg.

Reply to
Joules

I've got an ML7 bed you could have had!

Mark Rand RTFM