Supplier for tapered grub screw

When needed, the mitre bar on my Shopsmith Mk 5 uses a tapered grub screw to lock it in the table track. The grub screw jammed so I had to
cut it out with a dremel and now I need a replacement.
can I get NPT or BSP tapered grub screws?
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Usually sold as BSP plugs which happen to have a hex socket in them. Quite often brass but I have seen black steel ones. BSPT and NPT are normally different pitch for a given pipe size. As you may know the desigated sizes do not correlate with any dimension of the plug itself. Look up thread tables to get the essential dimensions.
On 06/06/16 21:18, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Any idea what size the thread is? what is the OD even a relatively rough measure should give the basic pipe size. Ebay would be my starting place searching for things like "BSP taper plug" turns up many hits but I don't think it is really a grub screw. Can you determine if it is NPT or BSP, IIRC only 1/2" BSP has the same TPI as NPT but a different thread included angle. The taper plugs are a pretty common item so when you have determined what it is you just need to find a source.
wrote in message

Seems an odd application for a pipe thread.
Clarify your needs - do you mean that the thread itself is tapered, or is it a pointed grub screw that you need, where the thread is parallel and the tip is pointed?
If the later I always make them free hand on the bench grinder - grub screw held in the appropriate Allen key, then rotate it at the correct angle against the grinding wheel to form the point.
Andrew
On 07/06/2016 10:05, Andrew Mawson wrote:

I agree that it's unusual. The tapered grub screw is used to spread a section of the mitre bar so that it locks in the slot. Others with the same problem have said that the thread is 1/8-27 NPT (the Shopsmith is made in the US). I'm away at the moment so can't make measurements of the female thread for a few days.
wrote in message

Here you go:
http://tinyurl.com/hz9k6aj
Andrew
On 07/06/2016 12:05, Andrew Mawson wrote:

I'm grateful and embarrassed - why didn't I see them? Your link led to a further dig around which unearthed a chinese supplier offering 5 for
wrote in message

Glad to be of help :)
Andrew