Denford Orac

Hello I'm considering the sale of a school Denford Orac, looking to gauge interest and advice regarding value. Regards

On 25/05/16 17:18, Laydon wrote:

"That information is not available" :)
Depends on condition. An average might be 3 to 5 hundred for something
in good nick with a new box running eg mach3.
But they don't come up very often, so . You might be lucky and find someone who really wants one, and you might find no buyers at your price.
It's kinda highly variable.
computer, not in working order but looks easily repairable, no plastic cover:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/small-cnc-lathe-/291736898523?hash=item43ecdfcbdb%3Ag%3AelUAAOSwubRXDl9d&nma=true&si fgajXG8LKhyCWYo%252F0UxpPH2qk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orac-Denford-CNC-Lathe-running-Mach-3-supplied-with-computer-and-software-/301927353349?hash=item464c45cc05%3Ag%3AxswAAOSwiylXDT6f&nma=true&si fgajXG8LKhyCWYo%252F0UxpPH2qk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
- Peter Fairbrother
On 25/05/16 23:06, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denford-Starturn-4-CNC-Lathe-Complete-Working-with-Computer-Software-/191878882564?hash=item2cacdf6504:g:X48AAOSwq5pXQfDa
- Peter Fairbrother

He gets down voted because he demands cash on collection and no Pay Pal :-(
Mark Rand
--
RTFM

On 26/05/16 00:40, Mark Rand wrote:

Personally I prefer cash on collection for something like that - you can refuse to pay for it if it's a piece of junk, and you haven't seen it before.
Doesn't often happen, but ..
- Peter Fairbrother
"Peter Fairbrother" wrote in message

My first CNC conversion was a Denford Orac - installed an SFF Compac PC in the base running TurboCNC as Mach wasn't stable in those days - this was
Interact with the money :)
Andrew
replying to Laydon, Laydon wrote: This is it, I've powered it up and all seems well. Thank you for advice so far.