Three phase plugs and sockets for 240v

Since some recent posts have appeared on three phase issues, can anyone help with recommendations for (correct) plugs and sockets for
240v three phase?
I'm sure everyone's familiar with the red four pin stuff on 415v machines, but what (online) sources are there for four pin plugs and sockets in BLUE to suit 240v three phase?
The only one I have found is in MK's Commando range and my local electrical man says these are special order.
I know in the privacy of my own home, for personal use only, I could use the red ones but then if someone accidently plugs my delta-wired motor into a 415v supply, the magic smoke may escape.
Thanks.
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:12:29 +0100, John Montrose

One answer might be to buy blue and red plugs from the same range, and swap the innards. Snag is, you would have a set of single phase 440V bits left over.
Tim

Some of these can be changed so that the keyway is different to the standard one.
We have done this with 63A 240V single-phase blue plugs to use on some high voltage charger outlets. You obviously need to be able to change the mating part as well.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk
Any electrical wholesaler should be able to get 5 pin blue plug and sockets. Legrand do then so i guess the others do.
Details here
http://www.electrika.com/products/m/man-0552/pdfcat/leg07-456.pdf
if page doesn't open pdf then get from here
http://www.electrika.com/legranduk /
Steve Larner
--
SDL

There are different sizes of red three phase plugs ..
32 amp and 16 amp.. are two of them ... use one or the other for your 240 volt
thought the blue commando range was single phase 240
all the best.markj
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:12:29 +0100, John Montrose

I've just been having the identical problem. I gave up in the end, used red 16A ones but wrapped them in blue tape as a mnemonic. I'm the only person in my workshop and I have only two bits of true 415V gear and they're physically remote from the 240Vdelta stuff so it's not much risk. The 32A for some and 16A for others is a possibility, but 32A are bloody huge! I have got an inconsistent few plugs & sockets of another type that are cosher for 415V (they're marked) and completely different, but I haven't found the make or designation yet so have no matchable pairs.
Richard
John Montrose wrote:

If you speak to your local electrical factor you can order blue 4 pin, they're ot very expensive
Dave

They shouldn't be, but last week I was quoted 88 for four plugs and two sockets (at CEF) which is roughly twice the price I paid for red ones six months ago. I didn't go for it and don't know if I got lucky last time of if I was being rooked this. The red ones on Farnell are about 3 each, but they don't do the 3ph blue ones.
Richard
Richard wrote:

I got some from Medlocks a couple of years ago, a special order but just a couple of pounds each.
Dave
There's some plugs on eBay. Item No 330244678784
John
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:12:29 +0100, John Montrose

Try CPC www.cpc.co.uk For plugs search on: plug 3p 240v and for sockets search on: socket 3p 240v
--
brightside S9

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:21:48 +0100, brightside S9

Ignore that. In the CPC hard copy plugs are described as 2P + earth, 240V. The on line catalogue describes them as 3P. Duh!
--
brightside S9

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:12:29 +0100, John Montrose

Do you actually have 415/440 in use? If so, and it's all in the privacy of your own workshop, you could perhaps use 4-pin red connectors for one and 5-pin red for the other, maybe with appropriate labels/coloured tape if you don't want the hassle of finding the proper gear.
Tim