Heidenhain 145 problem

My old Bridgeport MDI is controlled by a Heidenhain TNC145, last week we lost the picture on the monitor, so to cut a long story short, it was established that the problem is the TNC. I have a spare TNC145 controller, which came with a Bridgeport series 1 interact. I have fitted this to the MDI, and all works ok, sort off, ? The MDI TNC had 55 lines in the parameter list, the replacement must be newer, and possibly is a TNC145CS, it has more lines for the parameters. To resolve the missing line issue, I copied the remaining parameters from my Interact to the MDI. Seems to work ok, but the drives are very fast, and a bit rough sounding. My questions are:

  1. Has anyone got the original parameters for an MDI, should be 55 lines I think.

  1. Should there be different parameters when replacing the TNC145 with what is possibly a TNC145CS on an old MDI ? If so, anyone got them?

  2. The failed MDI TNC145 would be a pain to fire up after power off, I had to switch the machine main power on and off, sometimes for 20 times to get the TNC to light up, and then eventually it lost video display. Any idea if this a fault with the power supply board, and how to rectify?

Also posted on CNCzone

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob. You can download the Heidenhain manuals from here.

will see that explanation for each parameter is given.The first four parameters are usually the fast traverse rates for each axis. If your control only asks for fifty odd parameters it will revert to the reference screen when you have entered them.A series one usually has between seventy two and eighty parameters. VDU faults are commonly the monitor psu.The control runs from 110 or

230 volts which is selectable depending upon which machines it is on.The monitor has its own power supply which I think puts out eleven volts.A half decent tv repairman should be able to repair your original I have a lot of experience with the 145 and other tnc`s but have never been near an MDI machine. If you have any questions on the meaning of the parameters or the setting email me. Mark.
Reply to
mark

I meant to add on the previous post.If you have a list of parameters for your MDI machine,wipe the parameters in the Interact control and enter the parameters for your MDI.In all the 145 controls the parameters but not the settings are the same.That means number four always does the same thing in all 145 controls but the number entered will vary from machine to machine. Mark.

Reply to
mark