Interact 1 (Andrew Mawson)

Andrew said in a mail about edge finders "I have a slow one that I use as the DNC interface to my Bridgeport Interact 1 running Win2K."

I would be interested to know about your setup. I have a Bridgeport series 2 MDI. I cant seem to get a cable that works between the controller ( Heidenhain TNC 145 ) and the tape deck. Plenty of drawings and cable configurations, and cables !! but the data does not seem the flow between the two.

I would also like to connect a PC, and to use some sort of software that can be used to draw the item being machined, convert to machine code, and then upload/download and save various programmes.

Any help or advice gratefully received

Bob

Reply to
Nospam

Heidenhain

configurations,

Bob,

no experiance with the S2 MDI or TNC 145 however my cable is the standard pin out listed on the heidenhain web site and works well with my Bridgeport Interact 1 and TNC151.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Nospam

Bob, Not Andrew but can shed some light on the subject. the original MDI which stands for Manual Data Input was a weird machine powered by a Heidenhain TNC131 controller that would only do linear moves, no arcs or circles. Aimed at simple repetion jobs like drilling and simple pockets. this controller then got updated to the TNC135 which was the same but had a screen. The Series II came out as a 135 but soon had the 145 fitted to do away with the linear moves. The term Interact appeared something around the 145 / 155 controller change.

Mach 2, now Mach3 is actually a controller like the 145 and unless you are thinking about gutting the machine then this isn't for you. What you need is a CAD / CAM package that's capable of outputting Heidenhain code for your machine.

Take a look at a program called Dolphin at

is one of the cheaper ones that can output to your machine.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Have you set the controller into the right mode to use the tape deck? I didn't know there was such a mode until I tried to download a program to a Heidenhein control that was set to use a tape deck.

If you want a cam program to output to a TNC145 remember that it can only move in two axis at a time, so if the cam program outputs a line with x,y and z moves on the same line it won't work. The controller is also limited to 1000 lines of code. This is a lot if you are programming manually, but hardly anything for a cam generated program.

You should be able to link it to a pc using tncremo, available from heidenheins web site. They are quite helpful and if you ring and talk to the technical department at heidenhein they will give you advice on how to get it all working.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Reply to
Nospam

Kevin, do you declare all your money to the taxman for engineering services you do, there is a site showing evidence of you charging for work, but its not appeared on your tax declaration, how come, do you not think that taking cash for work done is not taxible, puzzled why takers like you operate and do not give any thing back to this country, makes me sick, still, the taxman has plenty to go on, so they will sort it out it seems, scab! You have been watched for several years it seems?

Reply to
taxman

Go and Troll somewhere else.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

It becomes so tedious reading the pathetic nonsense put out by these juveniles. Every year another one comes along and thinks he is so witty and innovative in hiding behind a pseudonym, while trying to provoke some innocent member of this list. May I suggest we all add him to our blocked senders list, or whatever the equivalent is in applications other than Outlook, rather than reply to him, then he will be as invisible as he deserves and can return to his normal oblivion.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

I could take a guess at who it might be....

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Prepair Ltd

Hey, I object to this favouritism! How come you're only complaining about Andrew and Tony and Kevin - what about the rest of us? Don't we deserve reporting to the Taxman as well? I demand my rights.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Remember a couple of year ago or maybe not so long ago, there was all the threats from the guy running that ME Ad site somewhere.

I think it was all about cloning ads from Johns Site?

Well wasn't that site registered in Norway? This poster seems to post from a Norwegian IP address.

85.167.181.208

ti121210a341-1488.bb.online.no

Or maybe I'm totally wrong, who cares!

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Nah - must be Epsom (as in, beyond Barking...)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

You surely don't mean a certain ex-resident of Chippenham? Oh such calumny!

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

This thread and the threatening MrWild comes to mind here. It was AWM that brought the original subject up.

"

" Wayne.....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

TAX???

No engineer worth his salt uses tacks nowadays, do the job right get a big bloody nail

Reply to
John Stevenson

engineering

..ah now you're talking. I've been using a 'Spit' gun today to fire pins into and through the webs of RSJ's that are 10mm thick to fix timber to them - amazing toy !!!! Might have a workshop soon

AWEM (who has NEVER made any money, taxable or otherwise, from his engineering activities, which are just a rather expensive hobby !!!!)

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Cliff Coggin writes

Ahhh, Gareth, sigh. According to the info in uk.radio.amateur he is "off the air" at the moment. :D

John

Reply to
JC Morrice

Yeh, "off the air" in more sense than one !!!!! Brad.

Reply to
Brad.