Bridgeport MDI with Heidenhain TNC 145 help please

Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working on the Bridgeport MDI CNC mill, ( Heidenhain 145 control) trial setting a programme, and forgetting that I hadn't switched on the air compressor.

As the programme went through its sequences I realised the sequence stopped because the motor wasn't switched on. ( has to have the manual motor switch to the on position)Having set the switch to on, I then set the sequence off again, but this time I could smell burning.

Machine off.

Restarted, ran the sequence, spindle turned at 3 rpm and stopped. I then realised the machine has an air brake, so figured that was the burning.

Compressor on.

Machine seems to have gone into fault mode, so I switched off at mains, then back on again, the cnc control lights up, says power interrupted, pressing the main power button wont power up the main electrics for the spindle and feeds. I checked the 5 fuses in the control cabinet and 3 on the wall, all ok?

Any ideas

Typically, promised urgent job for Monday.

Bob

Reply to
Nospam

control)

sequence off

burning.

spindle and

When I do that on my Interact 1 the air brake on the motor when started pops the over current trips on the motor starter which have to be pushed back in - manually reset.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks for the quick reply, any idea where these hide? I would guess somewhere inside the big box of controls on the right hand side?

Reply to
Nospam

Probably hung off the bottom on the motor contactor?

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

message

sequence

Well certainly that's where they are on the Interact, which has a similar cupboard !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Many thanks, will search and pray I find them and it cures the problem. If not, there could be some urgent sub work over the weekend for anyone near North London !!!! this is typical that the job is for a new customer Bob

Reply to
Nospam

I'm wondering if the row of relay looking things are the culprits? any ideas welcome Bob

Reply to
Nospam