TOS FNK25 High Speed Question

Morning All, Ive been idly wondering about the top speed on my FNK25. A quick refresher for those who dont know/dont remember: Its a 2 speed 1440/2880 motor, rated at 1.8/2.2Kw, wound star for one speed and delta for the other (IIRC high is delta). I am running it froma Boost A3 Rotary Phase Convertor. Low speed runs fine, but limits my speeds to 8, and top speed to ~2200rpm. Currently Im milling a lot of aluminium, with 3mm cutters, so higher speed would be nice... I cant get it to start in High speed, the booster doesnt appear to have the guts. As I have 3 phase (effectivley)is it likely a soft start VFD would be able to ramp up the motor? The other idea I have is to add another donkey motor to the RPC, I have a (rather large) 1hp 3 phase motor lying around that I could wire up. Or would this overload the RPC? (2.2 + 750 is rather close to 3).

cheers

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson