Invertor power problem

i have replaced a 1.5hp with a 3hp dual phase motor with 2.2kw 230v invertor. however the new motor does not have any real difference in power capabilities. under a reasonable load the motor slows considerably until load removed. the load is not excessive. i have the same setup elsewhere and the improvement was considerable. what are the possible causes ofd this problem. a wiring fault ?. a set up problem with the invertor ? the setup is factory settings - 230v,

9A, 50Hz.
Reply to
geoff_tulip

is new motor 3ph , or 1ph ?.if 3ph is the motor wired correct for you invertor ?. the new invertor what is that 1ph or 3ph?, you dont say.

Reply to
roundtooit

Have you made sure the motor has been configured for Delta wiring?

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

wayne the motor is wired delta ie: 3 paralell connections straight across

roundtoit : invertor is 2.2kw is 240v single phase input to 240v '3 phase' output - the motor is 3 phase 240V both from abb and they are both correct as i already have an identical setup with invertor and motor on another piece of machinery.

Reply to
geoff_tulip

Can you configure the inverter to display the current drawn? If so do that and compare actual current to specs of motor.

HTH, Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Hi

I am a newby and had problems running my (3hp) Harrison M300 lathe from a 3hp inverter.

Electrician said there was not enough power coming out of the inverter. As a rule-of thumb, it needs an extra 1/2hp - 1hp at the inverter. ie: an inverter rated as 3hp, can efficiently run a 2hp machine an inverter rated as 4hp, can efficiently run a 3hp machine

Reply to
BobTheBowler

you have 2 systems, i know it could take you some time but you could use your working system to check out your non working system , i my self have one unit which supplies both my lathe and mill,ie i just unplug one and plug in the other, also im running a 3 hp from a 2 kw invertor, with poor supply it has tripped out, you should also have a set up CD, have you checked your settings

Reply to
roundtooit