Any body have copies of Chris Heapy's project pages ???

Hi

His site was one of my favourites buts its gone now and there are so many things I still wanted to read there - any body have a copy of his projects and info.

Does anybody know what happened ?? Tim

Reply to
TMN

NOT gone!

Like you I missed his site when it went down. But most of it seems to be still on his NTL server:

I really don't know what happened to him. As a professional editor, I always felt the standard of his writing and the clarity of his explanations was well above much that appears in magazines. I had hoped for updates to his website, since he seemed to have a knack for writing about the things I was particularly interested in!

Yesterday, I simply googled his name and this popped up.

The following link may have some of the pages not reachable from his homepage.

Hope that helps

Matt

Reply to
Myford Matt

Thanks for the info !!

Tim

Reply to
TMN

In message , TMN writes

There are moves afoot to mount an archive of Chris Heapy's site but there are a couple of things still to be done, not least being making every attempt to gain Chris's permission first. Needless to say, if such permission is actively withheld, it won't happen.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

--Speaking of which, does anyone know *what* was the trigger that pushed him over the brink?

Reply to
steamer

Nothing obvious, I was in touch over hosting the existing site for him, but other than an acknowledgment of my emails I heard nothing else.

I believe that was the same for most who contacted him. I sincerely hope he is OK, he put so much effort into the site it would be a terrible shame to lose his talent.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

--Agreed. Hope he wasn't threatened by some online jerk or some such. This can have a very chilling effect until you're used to it, heh.

Reply to
steamer

Is his email still valid ? - I would like to thank him for his work - wether he puts it up again or not.

Tim

Reply to
TMN

I get bounce back from the one on his website...

Reply to
Myford Matt