Ballistics Phone Call

No1 son collects old bullets and shell casings, and as he is perpetually hard up, we often get to buy things on ebay: 'while you're online Dad, could you have a look at this....' sort of thing.

Anyway, a week or so back he saw a couple of 0.50" shells on ebay, so we bid for them and sent off a cheque to the vendor.

Today we had a phone call from Aberdeen Police, asking about a suspicious package that they had sent for forensic examination to the Police Laboratories in Glasgow... They wanted to know who had bought the contents, where it had come from etc etc.

After a bit of head scratching we realised that it was the 2 shells we had bought on ebay, and after quoting the ebay reference and the vendor's details, the Police officer advised that we would get the shells back after they had been cleared for postal delivery.

We didn't mention the cannon shells....:-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

In , on 01/20/06 at 02:17 PM, Prepair Ltd said: Peter, If they don't turn up (not that I am cynical wrt the boys in blue!) drop me an Email & I'll send you one. I bought two last year at the Midland Game Fair

Reply to
jrlloyd

Midland ... Game Fair????

I'm thinking an 0.5" shell would make a bit of a mess of a pheasant.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Nice size for a Yorkshire water buffalo or Northumbrian elephant, sadly both recently extinct. Mike in BC

Reply to
mcgray

Ah - these Welsh foxes are bloody tough!!

(Note to Special Branch: they were empty)

jrlloyd

If you can't use hounds then I see no problem with a BMG

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand