Glasgow

Just back from a quickie trip to Glasgow in the new van which we collected on Thursday just after Martin P popped in for a quick cuppa. Left for Glasgow at just after 6pm, got to the hotel at about 11.30pm.

Bit more of a hot rod than we expected, haven't worked out fuel consumption yet, but it seemed to be pretty frugal.

We had to commission some new kit for Scotrail, which went quicker than expected so we had half a day free on Friday.

Collected some tinned Haggis and ordered some more from our favourite shop in Luss, and had a quick drive up over the hills to Coulport and Garelochhead and Helensburgh before returning to the hotel.

Saturday we drove back down to Blackburn, picked up some mini-tower PC's we bought last week, then across to Birkenhead for a safety inspection at Merseyrail's depot, then home.

Just over 900 miles in all, nothing to remark on with the van, freed up nicely and the new 'credit-card' tacho didn't get used.

Off to bed now...

Peter

Peter A Forbes