Transport help from cumbria to nr Gatwick requested

Hello, following on from an idea mentioned in a post on Colch. Triumph lathes about how things are done in the states, i have a request. I
have an old piece of machinery sitting in ulverston in cumbria, and need to get it down to about 1 mile from J6 of the M25. It's basically (financially) valueless but it would be a pity to abandon it. It doesn't matter in the slightest how long it takes to get here, or in how many stages. Is there anyone who regularly makes some or all of this trip who would be willing to pick it up and take it some/all of the way? Bottle of wine/whiskey or similar a suitable recompense? The thing itself is about 2 foot square across the base, about 3 foot tall, all cast iron and probably weighs about 100 pounds. Any offers or suggestions gratefully received, and of course i would be pleased to meet someone anywhere vaguely near where I live if that made a difference, eg if you were heading round london to the channel ports then i could meet someone on the M2/M20 or so.
thanks anyone
KKK
On 5 Aug 2004 02:20:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (kk) wrote:

We do the same thing here :-))
We can probably get it to Luton at least, but can't firm up a trip date yet. We are due to go to Edinburgh/Glasgow via Newcastle and back through Cumbria on the M6.
Haven't got anything south of Luton at present.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk

Indeed, many thanks!
When are you in Inverness? I don't know we'll be heading over there anytime soon, but it's only three hours away, so just maybe...
- Brian

We have a long-running commitment to collect some chargers for refurb 'sometime', part of the lot is at Inverness and part at Haymarket.
Rita would like to revisit Lochalsh and the lovely old Hotel there by the Skye bridge, and we have various items scattered over the north that need to be collected, including some gears from Mark McGrath, which he very kindly collected for me a long time ago, a crystal set from Glasgow and others various.
Sooooo, we hope to combine a delivery to Newcastle with the other stuff, and I think we also have a lathe to collect from Glasgow for someone else as well now... :-))
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Engine pages for preservation info: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

What's the state of this job? I'm going from Rugby to Horsham on Tuesday so would be in the right neighbourhoods.
Mark Rand RTFM