Getting 3 phase installed, what plans are needed?

Martin,

Is this of use:

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I'm trying to get my local electricity supplier to quote me for installing a

3 phase supply (so I can run my mill, drill etc.); I've sent them the forms along with a sketch of the site showing the required position for the supply, but they've written back asking for scale drawings of the site, the boundaries, adjacent properties etc. etc. Has anyone been through this process and know exactly what drawings are needed? Do I need to get an architect to draw formal plans of the house? Martin.
Reply to
Martin Whybrow

When we had 3-phase put in at home we already had the plans for the house that came with the deeds, and it was a simple matter to do a tracing of the outline of the building and adjacent properties onto a new drawing.

You may well find that your house plans are registered with your local council or with your house deeds which will be with your building society or bank or yourselves, depending on where you are in the buying cycle...

The Electricity Boards as were also had detailed plans for every street and house, and should still have them, but you may find they are cagey about giving out information.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Steve Thanks for the link, unfortunately the scale of the site plans means that there is insufficient detail, only the boundaries and perimeter of the building are clearly shown on the land registry documents. Martin.

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Hi Martin

Your local Libary norrmally has the 1/2500 OS maps that include building outlines. Providing you haven't made any changes to your foot print since there production you will at least have the relationship to near by buildings and the street.

Stuart Pearson

Reply to
Stuart Pearson

Martin, go back to plan 'A' and stick some dimensions on your existing sketch in metres.

The only reason they need this is to work out how much public land and private land they need to dig up to come up with a price (if your supply is normally underground where you live). The letter you received back should have a contact number - give 'em a ring in the morning and ask why they are requesting extra info - like Peter said, they probably have site plans already.

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but don't forget you can get single phase to three phase converters for not-much-money these days so please have a look for comparison purposes at prices of these when the Leccie board eventually come up with a price for you. Unless you have a 'monster mill', this may well be the most cost effective option...

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Go to the local library and get a copy of the section of the 'definitive map' for the relevant area. This is the largest scale official map that will be available and (in my case) is sufficient for the electric people.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand