Junkers opposed piston on E-bay

Better have a STRONG trailer for this one ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Very interesting. I guess Junkers found itself on the 'wrong' side of the iron curtain after the war? Certainly something I'd like to have bolted to a few cwt of concrete in the back garden - don't know what the neighbours would think though!

Reply to
Nick H

Kim, I have a club member friend who does rally one of these engines, came out of a German Submarine and sounds nice.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Kim, I have a club member friend who does rally one of these engines, came out of a German Submarine and sounds nice.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I fancy the idea of putting one in a Narrow boat. It would be heretical for the serious traditionalists as, apart from anything else, the exhaust beat would be quite fast (1500 rpm, 2 exhausts per rev), they like a 2-cyl 4-stroke at about 1000 rpm max or a 1-cyl

2-stroke at about 400 rpm, ie both around 400/500 beats/minute flat out. I wonder how noisy these are, given a decent silencer? I wouldn't fancy standing steering all day behind a TS3 , for instance, though apparently quite a few of the Rootes-Listers were sold for fitting to Belgian barges.

Cheers Tim

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I wouldn't mind 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Looks like a bit of nifty sniping won the day on this one!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

I wonder what the buyer will do with it? I did bid, but have enough commitments at the moment so only half-heartedly though it would have been a fascinating thing to play with!

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Looking the buyer's feedback he certainly has a wide variety of interests, as we all do!

He/she bought the Rootes TS3 engine on ebay a while back, and also some marine diesel books (Sothern & Pounder)

He/she has also had three changes of ID:

sbr385 07-Sep-04 Present hensch-2 04-Aug-04 07-Sep-04 hensch-1 01-Jun-00 04-Aug-04

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes