Pelepone diesel on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item $53285563&category66 31
Regards,
Kim Siddorn

Interesting, but I bet there is someone out there who will not thank you for flagging it up. Did you look at the sellers other items? I have not heard of the Mike Wilsdon Kew transport collection, but one wonders if there is anything else left to come out of the woodwork?
I quite fancy a Cyclemaster or Winged wheel. I'm counting on you lot to tell me how awful they are and put me off, though I should already know better after experiences with Velo Solex!
--
NHH

"J K Siddorn" < snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
Winged Wheel No 2453169831 on ebay but standing at 310.00 Pounds

--
George Hendry

Yes, same chap as Pelapone. Also selling Cycle master (currently 64). Winged wheel looks expensive but is apparently in NOS condition.
You're supposed to be putting me off!
--
NHH

"George Hendry" < snipped-for-privacy@agcomp.co.uk> wrote in message
The first IC device I had was a 35cc BSA Winged Wheel and I have to admit that it stood up to some serious "thrashing" from myself (then only 16) until I bought a 250cc Royal Enfield about six months later. I did a little work (new rings etc) when I first got it but for the six months or so I had it I reckon it was a good litttle mode of transport, go for it.
--
Pete Aldous

http://www.stationaryengine.org
You really haven't got the hang of this at all. I go through these phases of desiring some sort of 'classic' transport, when such an episode occurs I need to be saved from myself and told to go and buy another engine to keep me out of trouble. The last daft idea was a sidecar outfit, then I found out that one apparently needed a motorcycle license - can't think why as having observed my father lurching from curb to curb during his first try on a borrowed Scott outfit, the skills required are clearly very different from either conventional two or four wheeled vehicles!
--
NHH

"Pete Aldous" < snipped-for-privacy@stationaryengine.org> wrote in message
Don't fight it Nick, use the phase!
Arthur G

admit
I'm not talking to you lot any more, you're a bad influence;-)
--
NHH

"Arthur Griffin" < snipped-for-privacy@mfdcapacitors.co.uk> wrote in message
Poverty arises when other peoples influence exceeds your affluence. All it needs is will power. Now if only I could find some.
John

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:18:27 -0000, "Nick Highfield"

You have never lived until you have got into a BIG tank-slapper with a sidecar outfit, they were always prone to it unless you had a decent handlebar damper setup.
Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Peter Forbes said

Tank slapper? I was doing me carburetion on Vincent (solo) at the old Whitchurch airport runway years ago and had it flat out in third - no room for top gear! - Whipped the clutch in and shut the throttle in the approved fashion and so into an instant tank slapper, just ripped the bars clean out of my hands.
It got down to about fifty, shook its head and returned to normal. Apart from being very frightened indeed, I was unhurt, stopped, turned round and rode back - and there were these crescent shaped black rubber marks on the concrete about thirty yards apart where the front wheel was momentarily in contact with the ground .......
Cycle clips, anyone? Only used once .
Regards,
Kim Siddorn.
"When three or more are involved, the culprit will frequently escape punishment"
Laws of Hammurabi, 1780BC
Just found a ref:-
http://website.lineone.net/~kewtransportmuseum/newscientist.htm
Looks like it opened 1990 and is clearly now selling up. Only down the road from me and I'd never even heard of it - how sad.
--
NHH

"Nick Highfield" wrote(snip):-
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:55:45 -0000, "Nick Highfield"

You do, of course, know of the NACC??
http://www.autocycle.freeserve.co.uk /
Brian L Dominic
NB Rumpus
Web Sites: NB Rumpus: http://www.nbrumpus.co.uk Friends of the Cromford Canal: http://www.cromfordcanal.org.uk Mid-Derbyshire Light Railway: http://www.mderbyshire.lightrailway.btinternet.co.uk/index.html
Yes, I have corresponded with Andrew Pattle on a couple of occasions regarding possible cyclemotor/stationary engine connections.
--
NHH

<Brian Dominic snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net> wrote:-
My first introduction (legally) to motorised two wheel transport was via a winged wheel,reg No HAY 29, I fitted it into a tradesmans bike with the carrier fitting over the front wheel,an ideal,or so I thought at the time,as a means of carrying your chippies tool kit around from job to job,as an apprentice you were soon introduced to survival of the fittest,the alternative means of transport was pushing the two wheeled handcart about,after saving up a few bob from a shilling an hour/50 hour week job I then bought my first proper motor bike,a two fifty Beeza,CLG,I swopped the winged wheel then for a well used Barbour suit from a workmate,in the cold weather the Barbour suit was like wearing a suit of chainmail and when your first started to try and move about in it until your body heat warmed it thro' you probably looked like the Moto G P lads do in there latest type of kit.
I still like me bikes, even now as a T O G, VRUM VRUM ,JOHN M.
My, how we do wander off topic!
A wet Barbour like chainmail? Oh, dear me no, it's far worse. A chain mail -or "ring byrne" to give it the correct contemporary name, "mail" not being used in this context until the 1400's (sorry, pedants to the front, please!).
Anyway, mail is certainly cold on a cold day, but is held away from your body by the padded or leather jack you wear beneath it. You can burn your arm on black rings on a hot day, too ............ ;o))
A wet, well used Barbour is more like wearing a suit of wet cardboard, stiff, miserable and completely permeable to water. Buying the damned things long after really waterproof clothing appeared on the market is a great tribute to peer group pressure.
Hazel and I once spent an awful TT week in the Island with a cow of a miserable landlady that kept coming in the lounge and turning off the gas fire where some twenty of us soggy souls steamed gently. It was at once relit, but the palpable enmity that we all felt for her led to a Deputation into the inner sanctum and a row a good deal hotter than the weather outside!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn,