3/4 ton of first rate lathe?

There is a single phase 6 1/2" Holbrook lathe (probably a C13 or T13 -
see ) in the Feb issue EIM for less than
UKP600. I would snap it up if I had the space even if it did mean losing
my beloved Holbrook B8.
As far as I know all old Holbrooks were to very high spec' including an
NPL certificated lead screw. Screw cutting is of course separate from
fine feed with a micro-adjustable dog clutch operated by carriage
position. A joy which certainly takes a lot of the sweat out of
screw-cutting.
Reply to
Mike H