W/Cu rod, Welding helium

I'm looking for an inch or so of copper/tungsten rod, about 1.8" diameter. There is some on ebay, but with postage it works out at about
5 ...
Also, a supply of welding grade helium, preferably in a rent-free cylinder.
can anyone help? Beer tokens available.
Thanks,
-- Peter Fairbrother
On 26/09/12 23:51, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

35 .. sorry!

[takes drunken life in hand and treks out to shed...]
I've got some that is 1" dia by 8" long. But that's all. Can't remember what I paid. It was interesting, like the little pot of DU balancing weights :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
On 27/09/12 00:24, Mark Rand wrote:

I expect that's worth a good 35 - You'd maybe think I was drunk when I posted - I meant 1/8" diameter .. though come to think of it, I did eecant a bottle of port earlier today, and had a glass or two, kust the drggy bits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdeLiV9Jz8

-- Peter F

Should I be thinking of sticking the bar into a collet in the lathe and turning most of one end of it into swarf to generate some 1/8" dia for you or, more likely, chopping off 1 1/2" , slicing it into a number of sections and then turning them into little 1/8" dia bars?
Regards Mark Rand RTFM
On 27/09/12 20:42, Mark Rand wrote:

Thanks. but I think I'll try an old dart, or a TIG tungsten, first!
-- Peter
Peter Fairbrother wrote:

der.

Look in this month's (probably billed as *next* month's!) Classic Bike (Not Classic Motorcycle) and there is an advert for rent-free bottles of
everything except what I wasnt - so-called Turbogas - oxy-turbogas burns
to 1,500 degrees C
Nxt time I post (which might be a week hence) I'll reveal the name of the firm - if I unforget...
--
Old Nick