Wanted: Splashback for Myford Super 7

-bit of a long shot I know, but does anyone out there have an unwanted splashback to suit a Myford Super 7 industrial stand? The stand is the old type, with the rolled edge drip tray and the rounded corners. According to photos I've seen, the factory splashback also has rolled edges, something that is beyond my sheet metal skills, or I'd try making one myself.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Crossfield

How about cheating, I can't roll edges, but you can rivet a nice PVC edge around the metal, once it covered in goo and yak, you really don't worry about the finer points of its engineering...

Joules

Reply to
Joules

try your local metal stockist. they should be able to supply an edging strip ie a folded edge trim.

Reply to
Maurice Hood

I bought a sheet of Perspex from B&Q bent it to shape with a black and Decker heat gun. Handy as I have a few photocopies of tapping drill sizes, and other useful tables behind the splash back on the wall, they can been seen through the clear plastic. Also as it is leaning on the wall can be moved from machine to machine as required.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

heat gun. Handy as I have a few

back on the wall, they can been seen

from machine to machine as required.

Thanks to all who replied. If I can't find the genuine article I'll use one of these suggestions.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Crossfield