Worden Tool and Cutter Grinder

{N.B. - also posted to the Model Engineering mailing list}

Gentlefolk,

I've just purchased the kit for the Worden Tool and Cutter grinder. Has anyone here built one, and if so do they have any advice, warnings etc. to offer ?

Also, I have a vague recollection of seeing a write-up on building this kit in one of the comics some time ago, but I can't find it now - can anyone point me in the right direction ?

TIA.

Reply to
Bob Unitt

MEW Vol 71 2001 Building project by Sheppard MEW Vol 77 2001 Updating the Worden by Giles Parkes MEW Vol 104 2005 Dust containment by Whetren

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

In article , John Stevenson writes

Excellent ! - Thanks, John.

Reply to
Bob Unitt

I can't think of any problems building one awhile back. Somewhere I have on file scans of the MEW articles John Stevenson refers to. Please let me know if you need them, either by Email or post.

Dick Gays, Leicester, UK

Reply to
Dick Gays

Dick,

In article , Dick Gays writes

I tried to e-mail you at the above address, but it bounced with a '550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND' error.

Thank you for your kind offer, and could you please send the files to me at 'bobunitt(at)gotadsl(dot)co(dot)uk'; maximum e-mail size is 20 Mbtyes.

Reply to
Bob Unitt

Hi, reference to the Worden for drill sharpening is also listed in ME

No64, I have recently completed the Worden and find it works fine fo all my lathe/shaper tools and I am now looking at sharpening othe tools like milling cutters etc. Don (UK

-- Don Kitso

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Don Kitson's Profile:

this thread:

Don Kitson

In article , Don Kitson writes

Thanks for the encouragement.

As a matter of interest, ref another thread in this ng: how did you produce the 3" by 3/4" hole in the cast iron Sliding Block ?

Reply to
Bob Unitt

In message , Bob Unitt writes

AFAIR - mark hole position and deep centre (with centre drill in drilling m/c) put in the four-jaw chuck and true up. progressive drill to 47/64" ream at 3/4"

Reply to
Mike H

In article , Mike H writes

O.K., thanks.