WTB - 110v Transformer

Anybody got a 230- 110volt transformer lurking around that is surplus

- something 200VA would be handy.

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I've got a 1500VA job you can have for nowt. Looks a mess, it was a steel cased tool transformer & the bottom of the case rotted away, but I reckon it should still be OK. From its size I'd say it's at least a 'real' 1KVA, unlike the yellow boxed 1500VA tool transformers which are probably more like 500VA continuous.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

I have a Danbury Electronics auto transformer 230 to 110/120 volts at 100 watt, 3" x 4" x 5".

Could you use this?

Reply to
Ken & Chris Beardsell

Might be OK. I've just emailed you and it's bounced. Can you get in touch with me off list. Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Thanks for the offer Tim. It's probably just too damn big and would become an annoying toe snubber

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Tim,

I'm using 110v as the power supply for the signalling on the LM&WR (see

That transformer could be very useful (and return my yellow building site 240/110 transformer to its intended purpose!)

Is it still available?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Certainly, but you'll have to arrange collection. I'll run a Megger over it to check before you get too excited, though

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Tim,

Where are you?

Cheers

Peter

Tim Leech wrote:

Reply to
puffernutter

Warrington. Might be able to shift to the midlands soon, or mid-wales, if that helps?

Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Tim,

Could you drop it off at Westhoughton (NW Manchester?)

Cheers

Peter

Tim Leech wrote:

Reply to
puffernutter

Given time, I could probably drop it off with a friend who lives in Westhoughton & works in Warrington (I'm actually 7 miles out)

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Tim,

I will be passing through Manchester on the 27/28 October - is that enough time? Otherwise I should be able to collect it from you on my way back on the afternoon of the 28th.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Yes, ought to be plenty if he's not disappeared to somewhere exotic

I've put a megger on it, it's showing 30 megohm between primary & secondary @ 500V. Good enough for me.