Ask for suggestion on polymer materials.

Hi, there,

I have a monolayer 1.0 um particle on quartz surface. Then I want to put a transparent layer of polymer on it to fix all these particles. The polymer material would better have a refractive index around 1.3, and can be transparent to 248 nm laser light.

Can any one of you give me an advice.

Cheers.

James

Reply to
zengbo.wang

For a refractive index that low, you are looking at (per)fluorinated materials. Aldrich has nice little catalog on available optical materials such as this. (Sorry, I can't remember the name right off hand, and the copy that is buried on my desk would take about half an hour to find.)

But how do you get such materials to stick to quartz, or rather how to you get the quartz to stick to these telfon like materials? And transparent at 248 nm too?

Better find a way to cheat.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek