Bubbles forming during pebax reflow

Hello All,
I have a catheter process creating bubbles in the catheter walls.
The process is essentially pebax onto pebax reflow (fusing). There is a SS braid
in between the pebax materials and FEP is used as the outside heatshrink.
The shaft is heated in a vertically translating hot air nozzle shrinker to above
the pebax melt temperature.
Pebax in question is 55D.
I'm having trouble determining cause of the bubbles.
Reply to
D Clubb
hey i am having similar issue and might have a solution. email me back and we can get in touch and talk about this over phone call
Reply to
mirajdoshi007
I realize this was a year ago,but did you guys find a solution to this problem. Im having a similar issue with a 40D pebax resin. thanks
Reply to
jgelsinger22
Didn't find a solution sorry. On-going issue.
Reply to
aceofclubbs
Hi all, bubbles are a lot of times fixed with pre-shrinking the FEP before reflowing, also, try increasing time or temperature of reflow oven in 1% rate per try.
Reply to
ReflowMaster
we have encounter similar problem with PA 12, is any solution to this problem
Reply to
David Liu