flexural strength of polymer composite

hi, all:

we have a trouble of glass fibre reinforced polymer composites (using filament winding). For some reason, the flexural strength is always below our expectation. all the other testings such as interlaminar shear is great. Is there someone have any idea about this?

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
Zhangmz

Does that include short beam shear? Maybe poor adhesion or resin poor sections. Frank

Reply to
Frank

The short beam shear is ok. Only the flexural strength is lower

Reply to
Zhangmz

The short beam shear is ok. Only the flexural strength is lower

tony

Reply to
Zhangmz

Still wonder if it is resin distribution problem. Are you getting a green stick type fracture? Low compressive strength?

Filament winding is normally done for pressure vessels where tensile strength is the predominant mode of failure and high tensile strength is most desirable.

Reply to
Frank