coat-hanger die

Hi guys;

Well my problem is coat hanger die. Does anybody knows flow rate per width(q) and die land relationship for newtonian and non-newtonian fluids?

Or can you offer me book or publication?

And also in a single screw extruder, How can velocity and rate profile be related for fluids show slippage?

I need an equation for that too.

Thanks a lot.

Regards...

Reply to
vangogh

Michaeli had a book out on extrusion die that was helpful in this regards IIRC. The exact title escapes me as my copy has disappeared over the years.

I'm not aware of any slip-in-the-extruder equation. It could be pretty hairy as slip depends on wall shear which would be nonconstant down the barrel.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Michaeli had a book out which I've used in the past and found to be helpful regarding coat hanger dies IIRC. My copy has disappeared over the years so I don't know the exact title.

I'm not aware of a slip-in-the-extruder equation. That could be a bit of a challenge as the slip is related to the wall stress which varies along the extruder screw.