How to increase the degree of imidization of PI film?

Can someone help me to understand how to control PI film in Degree of imidization(D/I)?

Just recently, I joined an industrial research group. My mission is to increase the D/I of PI film. To its precursor solution of polyamic acid(PAA), I added some catalyst such as Ac2O and/or amine base. It worked!. But this alicyclic dianhydride PAA shows still very low D/I. Without additive D/I is just

40% and along with base catalyst it reaches to 70%. My mission is 95% of D/I. Guess that once it is chemically imidized first, it is not dissolved in any solvent. It should be dissolved in NMP at least. Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dream91