Electrostatic interactions

It is known, that In order to decrease the electrostatic charge of a surface one has to apply some sort of conductive coating.

But, what if you want to achieve the opposite, i.e. maximise the electrostatic charge, e.g. for binding of dust etc.? Which coatings would be applicable?

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver 'Ojo' Bedford

Go with electrets. In the US, nonwoven electrets are sold as furnace filters to attract dust. They certainly work quite well as seen with the naked eye.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Reposting as the original doesn't seem to be showing up.

Polymer electrets are commonly used in nonwoven furnace filters in order to draw and hold dust. To the naked eye, they work really well.