How did they do that?

All,

I was reading the Academy 1/32 F/A-18D kit review on ipms.org and the cockpit looked amazing. I was wondering if there are any internet resources that will describe how to achieve that sort of quality in workmanship.

I realize that a large part comes with experience--so I won't get into that. Experience counts. However, I am looking for a step by step, i.e. a) Grab seat with tweezers, b) Apply paint to seat belt with #0 brush c) Let it dry...etc etc etc.

Any advice/help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Dingo

I thought that I'd like to see the review, so I typed "ipms.org" into the address bar. I arrived at the homepage of the Iowa Podiatric Medical Society! :-)

Not to worry... I've found it now...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I found some really usefull step by step stuff on here

just click on the tool 'n' tips section

Reply to
A W

Try these; they're good:

BTW - if you plan on building your A-D Hornet with the wings folded, the ailerons should be faired flush...they have to be in order to fold the wings, even though the flaps are down - the guy doing the build on the IPMS site is getting it wrong. (Note that this is NOT true of a Super Hornet.) Check your refs, guys...

Reply to
Rufus

too much south park!

+10 points.

where do i know him from. oh yeah, the revised cd should be in the mail this week. some are slow to find, but i should get most.

Try googling 'Edgar Maas' sometime. You get anything except the author. Apparently the FBI has some EDGAR program and everyone has an article about it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I 'think' he's an historical novelist. That's based on the one book of his I've read.

Cool. Get any of that Dutch Goth group? They sounded good on DW TV.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

which dutch goth group? there are about 20. i have a lot of the best goth bands. want a sampler? hmmmm, sisters, bauhaus, kruezen, siouxie sue, nuebaten, front 242, mission, yeah, this could be much fun. also have daft punk, much fu, electro, tranz, shoegazer.....and stuff you never heard of.

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:ZAR2f.84624$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.news.easynews.com:

Hmm, Bauhaus, Kreuzen, (Einstürzende) Neubauten (?) These names sound rather GERMAN to my ears. Are you sure they're Dutch. Most popular Dutch Gothic band here (the Netherlands) is "Within Temptation" But as it is not my kinda music I could be wrong.

Cheers, Dennis

Reply to
me-me

didn't say THOSE were dutch. dutch bands i have to look up. bauhus-brits nuebaten-german front 242 -are dutch, well some of them siouxis-brit i don't know wt, but i'll check them out. goth is difficult for some.

That's the group. Sounded good on the short clip on DW TV but I don't know any tune titles.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller